When looking for ways to attract customers and promote products and services, one thing has become clear for local businesses – Local SEO is a vital component to success and growth. Whether you operate a single or multi-location business, Local SEO Strategies have become a key factor in growth, visibility and customer acquisition in the local marketplace.
Local SEO – What is it?
Local SEO is all about effectively marketing your business online. It does so by giving companies the opportunity to place their products and services right in front of customers in your area, at the exact moment they are actually looking for it. How is this accomplished? Local SEO uses a variety of strategies to effectively market your business – improving search engine rankings, getting listed in business directories such as Yelp and Foursquare, creating pages on Google My Business and Bing Places, creating localized content for your website, leveraging online reviews and various other methods.
The reality is this – every day millions of people use their mobile devices and computers for local search. The question is how do you get your business in front of these people and increase your chances of being found? In the ever-increasing competitive landscape of the online world, being found is critical and this is why local SEO is so important. It is targeted online marketing that will help you position your business so that it is visible to your potential customers – exactly when they are ready and willing.
So how can local SEO services help you acquire new customers?
It may be true that some people still use a printed phonebook. However, more people are now using the internet to find the information they need.
- People use local search to find local businesses as well as products and services. For those who are looking for your business, you want to be found. For those who are looking for a product or service you want to position yourself right in front of them. It’s the perfect time to meet your local customer – right when they need what you have to offer
- Local directories showcase all of your companies’ information and often dominate the first page of local search results on Google. One component of Local SEO, local directory marketing, has a higher conversion rate than many traditional methods of advertising. This is why it is important to have your business listed accurately on as many quality directory sites as possible. After all, the goal is to convert leads into customers!
- It’s an undeniable fact – mobile internet usage, on both tablets and smartphones – is growing and will continue to do so. So now more and more of your customers are using mobile devices to find the best local businesses while they are on the move. Local SEO will help ensure you do not miss out on an opportunity to be found.
- If there is one thing that can be said of Local SEO, it is that it reduces wasted money and wasted exposure. It is both effective and cost efficient and you will now be reaching customers when they need you.
- Being listed on Google My Business will significantly help gain visibility in the local search results. Most business haven’t claimed their listing and are missing a great opportunity. Plus, it’s free!
- Yes, Google loves local business. Why? Because Google is all about being relevant and giving people what they want. They want you to increase your online visibility. This is to your advantage.
- Claiming listings on Google My Business, Bing Places, and hundreds of other online directories is free. Who doesn’t like free promotion.
- The success of many local business is built upon word of mouth. This is a major reason why so many customers place their trust in online reviews. Get reviews and manage your online reputation as it will do wonders in attracting new customers.
The internet has become the go-to-source to find information about business, products and services. You are going to miss out on potential new customers if you are not found in the results.
Implementing Local SEO Strategies – Grow Your Business
The trends are clear and don’t appear to be changing anytime soon. If anything, local search will only become more crucial to your business in the future. Whether you own a flower shop or a local electrical company, every local business can generate more traffic and sales by implementing Local SEO Strategies.